“A brilliant tonic! After washing my face, this is the first product I apply. It is wonderfully moisturising and refreshing! Sometimes I apply the tonic directly to my face, and other times I make a cream and tonic mix. The best thing about LUMI products is that they don’t smell like perfume.” – Kristin (25/11/2021)
Innovation for sensitive skin
Suffering from atopic dermatitis? Rosacea? Dry, sensitive or reddened skin? Bio-Klinik is for you! LUMI are proud to present Estonia’s first prebiotic and hypoallergenic skincare product line – the perfect symbiosis of science and nature! Bio-Klinik’s creams and Moisture-lock toner are suitable for use on even the most challenging skin, thanks to a natural composition free of perfume, preservatives or other irritants. Bio-Klinik products do not cause redness, do not itch, and do not sting!
- Red algae extract, rich in bioactive ingredients, protects the skin from harmful external factors, slows down the aging process, and nourishes skin with proteins, vitamins and antioxidants. Red algae is also useful for moisturising skin thanks to its ability to strengthen the skin’s protective barrier, which helps lock in moisture.
- Oregano hydrosol with antioxidant and antimicrobial properties makes this tonic perfect for even the most sensitive and irritated skin, and means it is an effective aid against unwanted bacteria and fungi growth.
- Yarrow, considered a sacred plant since ancient times, contains essential oils, whilst relieving patches of inflammation and sunburn. It is especially useful for those with eczema, soothing itchy skin, and easing varicose veins.
- Starflower hydrosol has anti-inflammatory effects.
- Blackcurrant leaf extract helps keep even the most sensitive skin youthful, elastic and springy. The antioxidants found in the leaves nourish dry and damaged skin, helping to leave it soft and smooth.
- PGA – a powerful moisturiser
- Magnesium, calcium and potassium found within the spring water used in the tonic’s formulation help to bind skin moisture and reduce sensitivity by quelling inflammation. According to research, dry skin is often the result of a mineral imbalance, with magnesium especially being one of the skin’s most necessary minerals.
- Prebiotics are food for the helpful bacteria found on our skin’s surface. A combination of prebiotics, natural ingredients and optimal pH balance ensure your skin has a healthy microbiome.
How to use the tonic?
Firstly, wash your skin. Then apply Bio-Klinik moisture-lock toner to damp skin massaging the tonic into the skin for best absorption. Further nourish the skin by continuing your routine with a Bio-Klinik face or body cream.
With consistent use of Bio-Klinik tonic and creams, skin can once again properly fulfil its protective function, becoming stronger in the process and aging less rapidly.
TIP! Make a ‘smoothie’ of tonic and cream on the palm of your hand to ensure best absorption of the products’ active substances. This will also allow you to adjust the consistency of Bio-Klinik creams to suit your skin’s needs.
LUMI products are unique – chemical free, fresh, and minimally processed – so please protect them from direct sunlight. Bio-Klinik Moisture-Lock Toner is most effective up to three months after opening. If you decide to take a break from using our products, store in the refrigerator to slightly extend their life. As with all natural ingredients, however – the fresher, the better!
INCI: Aqua***, Origanum vulgare flower/leaf water**, Borago officinalis flower/leaf/stem water**, Achillea millefolium flower/leaf water**, Glycerin*, Inulin*, Propanediol*, Furcellaria lumbricalis extract**, Alpha-glucan oligosaccharide*, Sodium polyglutamate*, Ribes Nigrum leaf extract*, Rhamnose*, Glucose*, Glucuronic acid*, Sodium levulinate*, Sodium anisate*, Citric acid*
*Certified organic ingredient
**From a small Estonian producer
***Estonian spring water.
Does not contain fragrances and the technology is used to preserve the best properties of the plants.